If it was pretty well guaranteed that the party had the resources to complete the dungeon assuming the skill level was there some folks might be a bit more confident in joining for higher level content
Issues That Deserve Blade And Soul Dev Responses
1. Gameguard. It's bad. It's ALWAYS been bad. There is not a single game this crapware has ever been implemented in where it's done one bit of good and B&S obviously is not going to be the exception. Turn the damn thing off and let the legitimate players be at peace like the bots.
2. Bots. They're there, there's a lot of them, GameGuard /obviously/ is not the answer. What's the plan?
3. Hackers. See #2.
4. Slow Upgrades. As it stands, around the time you hit Siren/Pirate gear a player begins looking at a week+ to afford a single upgrade. It's not like this is end-game legendary gear we're talking about, it's barely mid-game. Grind with no sense of progression is no fun.
5. Economy Imbalance. Tied to #4. The slow progression begins to create a massive power gap - the strong (those who can do 4-mans) get wealthy as only they can gain the materials needed for upgrades in any significant quantity (as an example, a single lair 4-man run yields a minimum of around 14g - as much bns gold as I can get doing dailies all day long). You see people with 530AP and thousands of blade and soul gold making tens if not hundreds more each dungeon run, and you see people with 410AP spending their next week grinding that 40g out for an accessory upgrade. The gap is only widening. Very unfriendly to new players.
6. Faction Imbalance. Several servers are seeing a massive faction imbalance that has players/clans switching in droves as it is, quite literally, impossible to progress in the less popular faction.
7. No vote-kick in cross-server. AFK'ers... AFK'ers everywhere.
8. Ability for randomly selected "leader" to change loot rules in cross-server. Why is there even a leader here?
9. Cross-server allowing massively under-geared players to queue. 340 AP is not adequate for yeti. Why is 340AP in yeti?
10. Class Imbalance. "Lair 4 ranged only need WL".
EDIT: 11. Profile Pictures. When are we getting these back, and will we still be able to upload custom images? (The correct answer to the second part, NC, is "yes". Any other answer is unacceptable.)
That may be so, but the fact of the matter is they're both still issues players are facing. Personally, I think addressing #9 (under-geared players being able to queue cross-server) would solve a lot of it. If it was pretty well guaranteed that the party had the resources to complete the dungeon assuming the skill level was there some folks might be a bit more confident in joining for higher level content, and some other folks might be a bit more willing to run with them.
#7 (vote-kick in cross-server) would help a lot as well. If one person is clearly, or even intentionally holding the group back (we've all seen that 340AP with no experience in Yeti who won't buy DB even after the third wipe) and refuses to leave of their own volition, they could be removed.